Thursday, July 22, 2010

SamanthaThavasa Launch



Notice the blank photo above? This is where I would have posted great pictures of the purses created by socialite turned designer Tinsley Mortimer for the Samantha Thavasa line that's wildy popular in Japan. Unfortunately I was turned away at the door after there was a slight snafu with the RSVP.

But after viewing the new designs online I was less than enthused about it. Inspired by 80's rock bands, the new collection featured lots of leather, chains, and tie-dye. While I could envision myself rocking a little grey and white clutch with a criss-cross pattern on the front, I was not impressed with the quilted purses with chain straps that resembled a fake Chanel purse I could have found on Canal Street.





(photos courtesy of fashionista.com)

No comments: